Thursday, December 9, 2010

The journey takes a turn...

This time it is the Life Journey that is taking a turn. On November 30 I completed a 28 yr 11 month journey with Woolies. This obviously came as no surprise, as it is company policy to retire at the end of the month in which you turn 60, however the reality of walking out on the last day is slightly different. I really felt a bit weepy and sort of a person without purpose. Nobody really made a fuss either, so I think I was feeling a bit sorry for myself. Never to be beaten, I then invited  myself to lunch, had a lovely salad and a glass of wine and then packed up, said good bye and left.
The next day was spent on doing "me" things, but only after a lovely breakfast made by Dick and then I went for a facial. Nothing like spending money on yourself and feeling good about it. The very next day, Thursday, I got a call from one of my now ex-bosses with an invite to coffee the next morning to discuss a possible proposition. Well, before I had formally been "said good bye to", I was made an offer to work on a contract for another 2 months and thus the life journey took an unexpected, but welcome turn. I now work in the store in Worcester, which is about an hours drive every morning and a little more at night. I see the most spectacular scenery every day ,  I meet new people and I get paid at the end of the month. What a pleasure!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment